BUDAPEST, Hungary — As divers descended Friday into the Danube, Hungarian authorities predicted it would take an extended search to find the 21 people still missing after a boat carrying South Korean tourists was rammed by a cruise ship and sank into the river in Budapest.
Seven people so far are confirmed dead and seven others were rescued.
Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto and his South Korean counterpart, Kang Kyung-wha, visited the site of Wednesday’s accident and met with rescue and search officials before holding talks.
“We have to prepare for a protracted search,” Szijjarto said he was told by Budapest river police, adding …read more
Source: San Francisco Chronicle