UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres yesterday renewed his call for a global ceasefire, urging all parties in conflict to lay down arms and allow war-torn nations to combat the coronavirus pandemic.
“The worst is yet to come,” Guterres said, referring to countries beset with fighting like Syria, Libya, and Yemen.
“The COVID-19 storm is now coming to all these theaters of conflict.”
Guterres said there had been some progress following his March 23 call for peace, but that fighting still rages in a number of countries, hampering the ability to put into place plans to combat the virus.
“The need is urgent,” Guterres said …read more
Source:: Al-Manar TV