AFTER previously declaring that he would eventually break up with the United States, President Rodrigo Duterte said on Tuesday, October 11 that he does not intend to cut the military alliance with the country’s long-standing ally.
“I do not mean to cancel or abrogate the military alliances [with the U.S.],” Duterte said after the oath-taking of new appointees at Malacañang.
Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said that it was still status quo as far as security ties between the Philippines and the U.S. were concerned.
“We’re not giving up our relationship with the U.S.,” Lorenzana told reporters at the Senate where he attended the …read more
Source: Asian Journal