Ukrainian officials say they have started to pull troops from a buffer zone in the east of the country where they have been fighting pro-Russian separatists.
Security and Defense Council spokesman Colonel Andriy Lysenko said Monday rebel attacks have diminished, allowing Kyiv to implement an agreement reached last week with the separatists to create the 30-kilometer buffer.
On Sunday, Ukraine had said it would not pull its forces until cease-fire violations stopped, and that several violations had occurred.
Ukraine will be high on the agenda this week at the U.N. General Assembly in New York. Russian President Vladimir Putin will not be …read more
Source: Voice of America